A Guide to ADHD at any age
The most frequent cases of ADHD are observed in children but it doesn’t mean that it is just a childhood problem. ADHD develops in childhood but in most cases, it can continue into adulthood. Life is an act of balance for all of us but if you find yourself always delayed, unorganized or forgetful then you can also be suffering from ADHD. ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) is characterized by hyperactivity, attention deficit, and impulsiveness in nature. Children suffering from ADHD are usually unable to concentrate, hyper activities, react impulsively, couldn’t control themselves, or talk furiously. School children are often diagnosed with this condition. The behavioral changes in the children usually become apparent when they are between 3-6 years of age. ADHD can make your relationships difficult and give you a problematic school or work life.
ADHD: What to look for
The problem with this condition is that till mostly 4 to 5 years of age, it goes unchecked as no visible symptoms appear and at such a young age usually all children are hyperactive and impulsive. So, how to identify it, here are some signs:
- They often don’t like to sit still for long durations and get bored easily.
- Children constantly lose or forget their stuff.
- They can’t concentrate or are usually being inattentive towards important things.
- Most children talk excessively and are difficult to calm down.
- They are always distracted and keep on getting frustrated easily.
- Some of them are unable to wait for their turn and are always in trouble.
- Constant restlessness and insomnia are also observed in these cases.
Once ADHD has been diagnosed, the treatment should start as early as possible. ADHD couldn’t be cured but it could be monitored through proper behavioral therapies, medication, and other treatment. Behavioral therapies are some of the efficient treatments for ADHD. Their Therapists, Family members, or teachers could help them to make a routine and stay organized. What they need most is guidance, training, and understanding to help them succeed and prove themselves.